Full width project banner image

Repairs & Maintenance


No Water

  • Check water meter tap is turned on. Meter is usually located at the front of the premises, near footpath or garden bed or around front of house.
  • Check with your neighbours to see if they have any water.
  • Have you paid your water bill?
  • Check Water Corporation website and see if there are any works or faults within the area. Or Call 13 13 85.
  • If you still have no water, contact RMW Property Group.

No Hot Water

  • Is your hot water service gas or electric?
  • Is there any water leaking from the unit?
  • If the unit is GAS, can you see if the pilot light has gone out? or have you tried to light this yourself by following the instructions on the panel?
  • Have you run out of gas in your gas bottle?
  • If the unit is ELECTRIC, check if the unit is showing any error codes, have you used all of the hot water? If so, there is generally a “boost” button.
  • Check the mains meter box, has the electric hot water service switch tripped? If so, this can be switched back on.
  • If still no hot water, contact RMW Property Group.

Major Water Leak

  • If the water is excessive, more than dripping and is quite heavy, you can turn your water meter off. This will be located outside and in your front yard.
  • Leaking toilet or toilet cistern constantly running/dripping. There is a tap located at the back of your toilet. You can turn the tap off and you will still get a number of flushes from your cistern, this will alleviate turning off your entire water supply until a plumber can attend.
  • Contant RMW Property Group

Blocked Drains/Sink

  • Lift out the plug and remove any build up waste/hair.
  • Have you tried to use “Draino” and or a plunger? These items can be purchased from a supermarket.
  • Please be advised if a plumber attends and finds something has been put down the drains, or the block is due to lack of cleaning hair from shower drain etc…, the costs associated will be the responsibility of the Renter (tenant).


No Gas

  • Have you checked your gas meter is in the “On” position?
  • Has the gas provider “Tagged” your meter?
  • Have you paid your bill?
  • Is you gas bottle empty?
  • Contact your gas supplier to check if there is any works being conducted within the area.

Gas Leak

  • IMMEDIATELY ensure all your appliances are switched off and your gas meter is switched off. This should not be turned back on until a licensed Gas plumber has attended.
  • If leak is coming from your Gas Bottle, immediately contact your supplier.
  • If leak is coming from inside the property, contact RMW Property Group


No Electricity

  • Check mains switchboard located in your meter box to see if any switches are tripped.
  • Re set the mains by switching to the off position, wait 15-30 seconds and switch back on.
  • Have you paid your electricity bill?
  • Please check Western Power website to ensure there are no power outages within the area. Or call 13 13 51.
  • Do your Neighbours have power?
  • If you have lost power or lights to only parts of the house, you will need to follow these steps before an electrician can attend as it could be a faulty appliance (for example, kettle, lamp, tv etc.)
  •  - Turn off all power points inside the premises.
  •  - Ensure that all plugs have been removed from the socket.
  •  - Go outside to your meter box, reset your main switch by switching to the “Off” position, wait 15-30 seconds and switch it back on.
  •  - Start plugging items back into the power points one at a time, if something trips this again, this means that that item is faulty, and you will need to immediately stop using it.
  • Please be advised if an Electrician attends site to repair, they will carry out this task first. If found that the shortage is due to one of your appliances, the costs associated will be the responsibility of the Renter (tenant).
  • If still no power, contact RMW Property Group

Break In / Attempted Break In

Attempted Break In

If you have found the property to have been attempted to be broken in:

  • If any damage has occurred, please log the incident with the police at Police.wa.gov.au - Police Report - Damaged Property
  • Take photos of the damage and contact RMW Property Group

Break In

If you have found the property to have been broken in to:

  • Contact the police immediately on the following number: Kalgoorlie-Boulder - (08) 9021 9777 / Kambalda - (08) 9028 3200
  • Only if the property is safe to enter take photos of the damage, otherwise wait for police to arrive before entering.
  • Contact RMW Property Group to advise of any damage.


Split System / Evap Cooling

  • Split System filters require cleaning every 3-6 months by the tenant.
  • Have you tried to change the batteries in the remote?
  • Have you tried to troubleshoot using the instruction manual?
  • On extremely hot days with temperatures over 35 degrees, your cooling unit will not work as effectively or efficiently due to the high temperatures.

Stove Top/Oven Not Working

  • Is the unit electric or gas?
  • Is the timer set? Some ovens do not function without the timer being set.
  • Check meter box to see if the switch has tripped.
  • Have you run out of gas?
  • Is it a problem with the ignitor? If gas is coming through the stove burner, you can use a long nosed lighter to ignite the flame.


Contact your provider.